Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First Post

      So this is my first Blogger post. Not sure if I'm suppose to throw confetti or something to mark this life changing occasion or what lol. I thought it might be a good place to post stuff I make, at least until I have a website of my own up. When that will be.....I haven't a Clue...sometime this year I hope.

     What do I make You may be asking yourself.....well I have no specialty yet but what I am shooting for is doing a mixture of digital art/painting and traditional drawings or paintings.....o and maybe ceramics.....and whatever else I might make....basically I just like trying things that allow me to make other things. ATM my two main weapons of choice are Photoshop and Pencils. As far as subject matter goes....anything and everything....I would really love to be a concept artist / illustrator / graphic designer / art professor. 

     I doodle here and there and throw a few things around in photoshop but I do not have enough finished pieces yet to have much of a portfolio....though I've been told otherwise lol.

   My main goals this year are
  • Get a website up
  • Design and Print off My own Buisness cards
  • Start doing more Graphic design /  illustrator jobs 
  • learn more fun things In adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
  • Develop my graphic design and digital art skills more as well as my drawing skills (at least by 50%)
If I can accomplish these things Ill be happy. If I accomplish more Ill be ecstatic :-)

Ill start Off by posting an Older project I did and a newer idea I was playing around with the other day. Maybe even those simple school locker name cards. Please do not use any of my stuff without first asking, thank you.



photoshop

This is an older piece that I was pretty happy with. I found a tutorial I really wanted to do that involved molding smoke around forms and this is what I later used that nifty new technique for :-)



photoshop

I wanted to figure out how to make a graffiti stencil look and this is what I came up with in about 15 minutes. Think I will have to play with this idea a little further later on and make some cool digital stencils. 





illustrator / hand drawn
 
I made this for my mom who is a kindergarten teacher. Its a Name Plate card for the kids lockers. They are doing a kangaroo theme to bring in the new school season.


    


1 comment:

  1. I apparently don't follow facebook enough...because I didn't know/remember that you started a blog! Awesome. One little bit of advice...watermark your stuff. Enough said. Still love the top one you photoshopped!

    ReplyDelete